Where to get support for MS
Support and advice for people with MS are provided for you locally and nationally. Locally, your NHS and MS Nurse can advise you and Lilian Prime MS Centre can support you with your physical and emotional wellbeing. Support comes in diverse ways and can include the following:
- Emotional Support – dealing with an MS diagnosis or any long term condition is hard and may make you feel depressed and scared. A free MSNC helpline 0808 800 8000 is available 9.00 am to 7.00 pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays
- Financial – Advice on disability benefits, grants and financial support
- Everyday living – changes you can make and to minimize impact on your life and where you can turn to
- Local Support – Lilian Prime MS Centre can provide you with support, a place to meet others and chat plus activities to promote wellbeing – call 01332 611810 and make an appointment to visit
- Support for family and carers – LPMSC is open to all who are affected by MS
Please follow this link to take you to the National MS Website for some of the above support and advice.
Lilian Prime MS Centre has a variety of therapies and exercises you can participate in and people with whom you can connect and make friends. The centre can provide you with a meeting place that is welcoming for all and accessible. You can contribute in different ways by suggesting new ideas or even volunteering if you have the time.
You are welcome to have a confidential chat and just sit with friends and have a cuppa and a bite to eat or book a relaxing therapy or a fun exercise class. We are here to support you in the best way we can.